FORUM of Research Funders in Romania
The forum is seen as a “common space” aiming to accommodate different stakeholders views in order to rise awareness of ageing issues including research topics. The objectives of the Forum are:
- Revitalize ageing research at the national level preserving/developing also the national specific elements: anti ageing medicines (pharmaceutical products and natural means), anti-ageing therapies using natural means, plant extracts, etc.)
- Identify persons & institutions interested in/with core competence on ageing or ageing related research, in order to reach the needed critical mass and to promote them using ERA AGE project activities;
- Enforce the interdisciplinary approach related to ageing research;
- Make effective the collaboration between medical and social oriented research on ageing;
- Make effective the work with different stakeholders, including policy makers, and better communicate the ageing related issues.